Friday 13 March 2009

WHAT A PRIZE - THREE GREAT BOOKS

I reported earlier that I had won a prize of "a book or two" from guest judge "bluechrome" on DJ Kirkby's Wordless Wednesday competition recently. Well I certainly had a very pleasant surprise this week when the postman delivered three great books to my door. These are the books:-


There are two novels by Joe Stein. The first one is "Cold Fire, Calm Rage" which introduces us to Garron, an ex-boxer turned bodyguard and the second is "Another Man's World" with further adventures for Garron. I haven't had a minute yet to start reading these but I'm really looking forward to them having had the pleasure of meeting the author at DJ Kirkby's book launch back in January.

The other book is "Doggone" by Erik Ryman. This book is described as "a modern fable, a surreal and bizarre satire"and "the characters may be drawn from a lunatic mind". This all sounds absolutely fascinating. There is nothing within the book covers to tell me more about this author other than the fact that he has asserted his right under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author. Well at least we know he is assertive! I shall have to "google" him to find out more.

So many, many thanks to bluechrome for their kind generosity in sending me these three books as the caption competition prize. I'm absolutely delighted and am looking forward to three good reads over the next few days.

I didn't win DJ's competition this week (11th March). I thought I'd let someone else win/I couldn't think of a witty enough caption (delete as applicable). However Trixie was kind enough to choose my entry on her WW competition this week and my trophy for this has now been uploaded into my trophy cabinet (see first posting on this blog for all my trophies).

1 comment:

  1. You can find a link to Erik Ryman's blog on the sidebar of my Chez Aspie blog.

    ReplyDelete